MUg provides technical support for quality health and social services delivery to institutions, National AIDS Authorities, Government ministries, Civil Society, and the private sector, and has collaborated with international agencies (UNICEF, WFP, UNHCR) across different programme areas. Some of the projects/consultancies previously undertaken include;
- Technical assistance for the design and implementation of comprehensive workplace programmes that maximise the accessibility of HIV and AIDS, TB prevention and treatment services for the private sector in partnerships with Health Initiatives for the Private Sector (HIPS)/USAID in Uganda (2006-2012)
- Strengthening the capacity of OVC service providers (clinical and non- clinical) for improved access and utilisation to quality comprehensive care for households supporting HIV positive children in 13 districts in the Central region of Uganda, (2009 – 2011)
- Capacity building for the set up of comprehensive HIV prevention/treatment programmes for prison communities including establishment of inmate support groups for economic empowerment (Boresha Kenya and Tanzania 2010-2013).
- Institutional capacity building for uniformed forces through targeted recruitment of senior staff on MUg work-based education programmes focusing on Prisons and UPDF in Uganda and the military and police in Kenya for sustainable set up of these services within these institutions (2004-to-date).
- Provision of Technical assistance towards setting up HIV and AIDS Palliative Care services for the Ministry of Health in Rwanda in partnership with Intra-Health (2007–2012)
- Capacity building for Antiretroviral Therapy service provision for Health Care Workers in Malawi and Zambia (2006-2007)
- Institutional capacity development for Paediatric HIV and ART services in Zimbabwe (2007- 2010)
- Development of Curricula for Palliative Care (with a special focus on HIV/TB) and Training of Master Trainers and Palliative Care providers for the Government of Botswana (2006 - 2007)
- MUg has contributed to national policy and standards through active participation in various strategic committees/TWGs- Uganda Stop TB partnership Committee, Uganda National TB/HIV Coordination, National Adult and Paediatric ART committee, Ministry of Gender Labour and Social Development OVC TWG , National Drug Therapeutic committee.
- MUg has also worked with MoH and other partners to develop and rollout various national training curricular to support scale up of HIV services - Provider-Initiated Testing and Counselling (PITC); focusing on building capacity through task-sharing (lay testers), Integrated Management of Adolescent and Adult Illnesses, Positive Health Dignity and Prevention (PHDP), TB/HIV, Paediatric ART and eMTCT.